Retail Design Collaborative is an award-winning architectural firm with a diverse retail & mixed-use portfolio, is currently seeking a Project Manager- Interiors to work in our corporate office based in Long Beach, CA. The position requires excellent communication skills, and an ability to thrive in a collaborative, team environment.
Responsible for and execution of contractual deliverables for clients, using a wide breadth of skills within the Interior Design discipline. The role includes client communication, implementing and developing interiors solutions, and balancing creative thinking with tight timeframes and budgets.
• Maintain primary contact with clients and have excellent project follow-through to foster strong relationships with goals for new project opportunities.
• Write and develop project marketing materials, participate in project marketing interviews and assist marketing proposal content. Prepare fee and scope content for proposals.
• Ability to market project capability through client interviews, public presentations and professional publications.
• Establish productive working relationships, and deal effectively and cooperatively with clients, team members, consultants, contractors and vendors. Set goals, prioritize, and plan work activities for self-management and use time efficiently.
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously in parallel with varied sized teams.
• Prepare and manage contracts, fee negotiations, work plans, schedules, budgets, staffing, project projections and coordinate billing. Responsible for tracking financial performance of projects and assist in the collection of aged accounts payable for the projects.
• Contract with and manage consultants; establish scope, fee, schedule inline with project requirements. Insure appropriate level of performance.
• Understand contractual liabilities, ensure that project conforms to contractual agreement with client, meeting all set budgets, goals, and work assignments for their project team that clearly defines project expectations.
• Strong leadership, organization, communication and relationship management capability.
• Write meeting minutes, instruction bulletins, change orders, RFI responses, and professional correspondence.
• Assist and/or prepare evaluations and meet with their personnel to discuss the evaluation.
• Foster positive mentorship to encourage professional developments and career growth.
• Integrate design principles with project design team and maintain design integrity through all phases.
• Experience in design/planning standards and FF&E procurement principles.
• Guide design team and ensure that the design intent is followed through all phases.
• Review documents to ensure quality, coordination, and compliance with the requirements of deliverables.
• Guide and direct project team and consultants for appropriate materials and systems.
• Knowledge of building codes, industry best practice standards and technical regulations. Ensure documents are code compliant in all phases and verify code interpretation.
• Review cost estimates and conducts value analysis, review and approve changes in collaboration with the project design team and client.
• Supervise and resolve issues in preparation of construction documents write and edit specifications to with quality control processes.
• Assist in improving prototypes and standards.
• Resolve and coordinate design issues during construction of all work under their supervision.
• Masters or Bachelor in Architecture or Interior Design from an accredited program
• 8 years of relevant work experience
• C.I.D. or Architecture licensure preferred
• LEED AP and WELL AP encouraged
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Newforma, Ajera, AutoCAD, REVIT and AutoCAD
Retail Design Collaborative offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package to include: medical, dental, vision, supplemental life insurance, 401(k) plan, medical and dependent care reimbursement plans, education reimbursement program and paid time off (PTO).
All candidates should have legal work status in the United States. Retail Design Collaborative is an Equal Opportunity Employer.